Zynga enters to acquire hyper-casual mobile game developer Rollic
Category: #business  By Pranali Mehta  Date: 2020-08-07
  • share
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
Zynga enters to acquire hyper-casual mobile game developer Rollic
  • With this acquisition, Zynga enters the growing mobile game market 
  • Acquisition anticipated close on 1 October 2020
  • The deal also diversifies and Expands Zynga’s advertising business

Zynga Inc., a San Francisco-based leading interactive entertainment company, has reportedly inked an agreement to acquire Istanbul-based Rollic. 

If the deal comes through, Zynga will be entering the hyper-casual market which is labeled as one of the fastest and largest developing gaming categories on mobile. It will be also adding a team of highly talented and a widespread network of external game developers. 

For the record, Rollic is a mobile game developer and publisher with a portfolio of hyper-casual games with more than 250 million downloads. It is founded by Mehmet Can Yavuz, Burak Vardal, Deniz Basaran, in December 2018. The firm has taken quite a stand in 2020 with its eight games reaching #1 or #2 position for top free games in the U.S. app store.

Tangle Master 3D and Go Knots 3D were the most downloaded games in the U.S. App Store in Q2 2020. Currently, Rollic’s games have more than 5 million mobile daily active users (DAUs) and 65 million mobile monthly active users (MAUs). 

Sources cite that 80% of the Rollic will be acquired for $168 million in cash by Zynga. The deal is expected to close on October 1, 2020. Zynga will acquire the other 20% of Rollic at valuations depend on profitability goals in equal installments. 

Chief Executive Officer of Zynga, Frank Gibeau expressed that with the acquisition of Rollic, they are excited to expand into the hyper-casual category. He added that they are expanding and diversifying their global advertising business and audience by adding Rollic’s game pipeline and developer network. Rollic and Zynga are well-positioned to grow faster with this acquisition.

Source Credit - https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200805005030/en/Zynga-Enters-Agreement-Acquire-Istanbul-based-Rollic-Fastest

  • share
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn

About Author

Pranali Mehta

Pranali Mehta    

Pranali Mehta boasts of over three years of experience as a content writer. Having completed her graduation in chemical engineering, she worked as safety & environment associate in a chemical company for a year. Harnessing her passion for writing however, Pranali deci...

Read More >>

More News By Pranali Mehta

WhatsApp to soon allow iOS users to hide online status from everyone
WhatsApp to soon allow iOS users to hide online status from everyone
By Pranali Mehta

WhatsApp, the meta-owned messaging and video calling app, is reportedly working on a feature that will offer iOS users the ability to hide their online status from everyone. As per credible source, the feature is expected to come in its update as it ...

Petrofac collabs with Hitachi over offshore joint grid integration
Petrofac collabs with Hitachi over offshore joint grid integration
By Pranali Mehta

Petrofac, an international energy services company, and Hitachi Energy have recently collaborated to provide a joint grid integration and linked infrastructure for supporting the fast-growing offshore wind market. As per sources, this collaboratio...

Street Lighting Control System Market Size, Share to Generate Lucrative Revenues By 2028
Street Lighting Control System Market Size, Share to Generate Lucrative Revenues By 2028
By Pranali Mehta

The research report on Street Lighting Control System market Added by Market Study Report proposes a comprehensive study on the recent industry trends. In addition, the report presents a detailed abstract of the growth statistics, revenue estimation,...