Resurgent Power Ventures wins proposal to acquire assets of SEUPTCL
Category: #energy-and-environment  By Pranali Mehta  Date: 2022-03-11
  • share
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
Resurgent Power Ventures wins proposal to acquire assets of SEUPTCL

The Tata Power joint venture is aiming to diversify the Resurgent Power portfolio

Tata Power has announced that its Singapore-based joint venture Resurgent Power Ventures has received a nod for acquisition of the stressed asset of SEUPTCL – South East UP Power Transmission Company Limited.

The company’s bid won approval via the resolution process under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), while Tata Power refrains from disclosing the bid proposed by Resurgent Power Ventures.

At present, Tata’s wholly-owned arm in Singapore – Tata Power International Pte Ltd – has secured the parent company a 26% stake in the joint venture, whereas the remaining 74% stake is held by ICICI and other entities.

According to Tata’s announcement, South East UP Power Transmission Company Limited’s resolution professional issued a letter of intent (LoI), recognizing Resurgent Power Ventures as the selected candidate under the IBC proceedings.  

Reportedly, the transaction is a key step in the stressed asset resolution process executed by a resolution professional via competitive bidding conducted earlier.

SEUPTCL was integrated as a special purpose vehicle built by UP Power Transmission Company Limited (UPPTCL) nearly 12 to 13 years ago.

Essentially, SEUPTCL was designed to operate a specific intra-state transmission network for a duration of 35 years as a part of a public-private partnership model showcasing a build, own, operate, maintain, and transfer (BOOT) basis.

As of now, the company has a transmission line of approximately 1,500 kilometers.

Speaking on the win, Praveer Sinha, MD and CEO of Tata Power, mentioned that after partnering with Resurgent Power investors to bid for the acquisition of SEUPTCL, the JV has been acknowledged as a successful applicant by the resolution professional.

Tata believes in the great potential of the acquisition in strengthening the company’s transmission business and further diversifying the portfolio of Resurgent Power Ventures.

The bidding will be executed in compliance with customary approvals and subject to conditions under IBC proceedings.

Source Credit: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/energy/power/tata-powers-singapore-jv-wins-bid-to-acquire-seuptcl/articleshow/90106613.cms

  • share
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn

About Author

Pranali Mehta

Pranali Mehta    

Pranali Mehta boasts of over three years of experience as a content writer. Having completed her graduation in chemical engineering, she worked as safety & environment associate in a chemical company for a year. Harnessing her passion for writing however, Pranali deci...

Read More >>

More News By Pranali Mehta

National Grid shuts down coal power stations as France raises alarm
National Grid shuts down coal power stations as France raises alarm
By Pranali Mehta

The National Grid has reportedly shut coal plants ordered to fire up on Thursday when the network operator of France raised the alarm about the implications of strike action. Two plants at Drax in Yorkshire as well as one located at West Burton in...

NSW mandates coalminers to set aside 10% of output for domestic users
NSW mandates coalminers to set aside 10% of output for domestic users
By Pranali Mehta

New South Wales, Australia, has reportedly demanded that thermal coal miners must keep aside up to 10% of their production for domestic customers in order to make price cap implications more equal throughout the industry. The decision, which was m...

Fossil fuel companies must cut back CO2 emissions, claim scientists
Fossil fuel companies must cut back CO2 emissions, claim scientists
By Pranali Mehta

A group of scientists have reportedly argued that fossil fuel firms will be required to take back the carbon dioxide released from their goods, giving them direct accountability for restoring the climate. Though widely accepted, the idea that the ...