IL&FS files for approval to sell wind energy arm to ORIX Corporation
Category: #technology  By Pranali Mehta  Date: 2019-08-12
  • share
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn
IL&FS files for approval to sell wind energy arm to ORIX Corporation
  • ORIX Corporation owns 49% stake in each of IL&FS’s seven power plants
     
  • Proposal has now been filed with NCLT after the completion of Share Purchase Agreement

In a bid to sell its wind power business, Mumbai headquartered leasing and finance company, IL&FS has reportedly filed a proposal for the sale of IL&FS Wind Energy Limited (IWEL) to Japan-based ORIX Corporation.

Last month, IL&FS had received permission for the sale of its wind energy subsidiary From Justice D.K. Jain who was appointed by the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) to oversee the debt resolution process of the IL&FS companies.

As per a statement by the company, the proposal has now been filed with NCLT after the completion of Share Purchase Agreement with ORIX Corporation and obtaining approval from the lenders in order to facilitate completion of the transaction.

For the record, the deal was sanctioned by D.K. Jain on the basis of condition that the proposal must be put in front of NCLT for approval and the amount raised from the sale is to be kept in an escrow account. Additionally, the money in the account have to be disbursed according to the directions in the proceedings.

According to trusted sources, ORIX Corporation owns 49% stake in each of IL&FS’s seven power plants and had reportedly requested to purchase the remaining 51% stake of IL&FS Wind Energy Limited. The transaction was to be carried out under an existing agreement that allows ORIX to match the price offered by the highest bidder in order to purchase the wind power plant’s stake in diverse special purpose vehicles.

Following the same, ORIX has decided to match the offer of the highest bidder valued at Rs. 4,800 crores for 100% enterprise value contemplating no haircuts in terms of the debts of the special purpose vehicles amounting to Rs. 3,700.

Reportedly, with the sale of its wind arm to ORIX, IL&FS will effect debt resolution of the following IL&FS Group Companies – Wind Urja India, Tadas Wind Energy, Retadi Wind Power, Lalpur Wind Energy Private Ltd ,Etesian Urja Kaze Energy and Khandke Wind Energy.

 

Source Credits : https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/energy/power/ilfs-seeks-nclt-approval-for-sale-of-wind-energy-arm/articleshow/70629319.cms

  • share
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • LinkedIn

About Author

Pranali Mehta

Pranali Mehta    

Pranali Mehta boasts of over three years of experience as a content writer. Having completed her graduation in chemical engineering, she worked as safety & environment associate in a chemical company for a year. Harnessing her passion for writing however, Pranali deci...

Read More >>

More News By Pranali Mehta

WhatsApp to soon allow iOS users to hide online status from everyone
WhatsApp to soon allow iOS users to hide online status from everyone
By Pranali Mehta

WhatsApp, the meta-owned messaging and video calling app, is reportedly working on a feature that will offer iOS users the ability to hide their online status from everyone. As per credible source, the feature is expected to come in its update as it ...

Petrofac collabs with Hitachi over offshore joint grid integration
Petrofac collabs with Hitachi over offshore joint grid integration
By Pranali Mehta

Petrofac, an international energy services company, and Hitachi Energy have recently collaborated to provide a joint grid integration and linked infrastructure for supporting the fast-growing offshore wind market. As per sources, this collaboratio...

Street Lighting Control System Market Size, Share to Generate Lucrative Revenues By 2028
Street Lighting Control System Market Size, Share to Generate Lucrative Revenues By 2028
By Pranali Mehta

The research report on Street Lighting Control System market Added by Market Study Report proposes a comprehensive study on the recent industry trends. In addition, the report presents a detailed abstract of the growth statistics, revenue estimation,...